Monday, October 30, 2006

Trip to Texas Part I

Our first flight without daddy started off as a disaster. When I got on the plane to sit down in my seat, Karis started screaming and throwing a fit. I didn't know what to do because the other two times we flew, she was fine. I prayed and thankfully the Lord answered my prayer in a another woman who reminded Karis of her grandma. Karis spent the first half of the flight in this wonderful lady's arm taking a nap. She was a God send. My good friend Martha and her husband, Ross, picked us up from the airport in Houston. We ate dinner at Taco Bell and witnessed Karis being hard headed and causing pintos and cheese to catapult on her face. It was a sight! Karis and I arrived at Laura's to spend the night. We let the girls play a while and stayed up late talking. It was so much fun to be with Laura and Ashley.
Sunday we went to church at FBC Beaumont. We saw many of our friends and Karis was excited to see her old teachers.


Karis really enjoyed sitting with Aunt Courtney at Pop Pop and Grammie's house on Sunday afternoon. As you can see, in almost all the pictures Karis is wearing the same outfit. She really does own more clothes than that, but I just really like the outfit! Aunt Courtney took Karis and I to lunch to eat some REAL mexican food. It was good!!:)


Papou, Justin's grandpa, played ball with Karis. She was the center of attention and enjoyed every minute of it.


After dinner, everyone left and Karis decided to watch her new Hermie movie, from Aunt Courtney, sitting on Pop Pop's lap. We spent Sunday night at Pop Pop and Grammie's. Monday, Pop Pop took Karis and I back to Laura's for lunch. My mom and Memaw met us there for lunch and to take us to Magnolia.


Karis and Beth had fun playing on the piano and in the play room. They also enjoyed playing on Karis' old swing set, until Karis decided not to share anymore!


This is not the best picture, but it is all of us girls; Karis, Beth, Sarah Jane, Laura and me. The Lord is good and our visit was sweet. Karis and I were so blessed to be with friends and family.

1 comment:

laura said...

you're right about that picture not being the best. probably because we were trying not to cry! jean, i miss you so much! however, i am so thankful for any time we have together. the Lord is gracious to provide us with a sweet friendship. i pray that one day the girls will also enjoy each other more (sharing IS hard even as a grownup!) i love you and i'm glad you were able to see us- see you soon!