Wednesday, October 04, 2006

7 Year Anniversary!!

On October 2, Justin and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. I sometimes have a hard time remembering what life was like without him. He is my best friend, my spiritual leader, an outstanding father, and most of all, a man who desires Christ above all things. I am so blessed to be married to him. I was trying to think of a way to tell explain how much he means to me, so I thought I would share our love story briefly with you.
In 1998, Justin and I met at FOCUS, a weekend college retreat in Texas. We were both attending Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. We later realized that we had Spanish class together. I started tutoring Justin in Spanish and we spent time together at the BSM sharing Jesus with others on campus. After spending a few weeks with Justin and listening to his heart for Jesus and the lost, I remember going home and telling my mom that I met the kind of man I wanted to marry. Since junior high, I had always known I was going to marry a minister. We continued to study Spanish and teach his youth kids about Christ. Over the Christmas break, we both realized that God had put us together for a reason and that no matter how hard we tried to fight it, we really liked each other.
In Feb. of 1999, Justin told me that he loved me, and in April he asked me to marry him. On October 2, 1999 I kissed my husband for the first time and became Mrs. Justin Childers. Our first few years were rough, but God is faithful and I honestly fall more in love with my husband everyday.
Justin, thank you for always pointing me to Christ. Thank you for always reminding me that Christ is the only one that can complete me. I love you Justin and can't wait to see what the next 7 years holds for us.
"Glorify the Lord with me, let us exalt His name together." Psalm 34:3

4 comments:

pastor justin said...

Wow. thank you for this post and being an exemplary wife. I'm also looking forward to these next 7 years.

Jason, Lisa, Olivia & Annalie said...

Happy Anniversary, guys! We were at our NAMB appointment/commissioning in Atlanta last weekend and met lots of church planters - thought of you guys. Praise God for your willingness to go. -Lisa

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary a couple days late! I love seeing God through you two! There's a passion there that isn't in many people! Y'all are a blessing!

ashley said...

yay. happy anniversary! thanks for being such a great example of a godly family.