Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Word

I read Mark 2 yesterday during my time with the Lord, and I was floored by verse 2, "And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them." My first thought was WOW! Jesus is preaching about Himself. In John 1:1-3, 12, John tells us that in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. Can you imagine listening to Jesus preach the Word to them. He was standing there preaching the gospel, Himself, to them. How in the world could the disciples and the people listening to him understand all that He was proclaiming. Oh, how joyous it will be to stand and listen to our Savior one day just like the people did when Jesus was alive on the earth.
I long for the day to see my Savior, the Word, face to face.

No comments: