Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sweet retreat!

This weekend, I had the special privilege of meeting my best friend, Michelle, in Williamsburg, Virginia for some girl time and shopping. Michelle's birthday was Saturday, and we were both blessed to have someone watching our children so we could have our girls weekend, which this will probably be our last one for a long time since they are moving back to Texas in a few weeks. Last year, Michelle and I spent a whole day seeing the historical sights of Williamsburg, so this year we decided to forgo the sights and just shop. We were both very successful in finding some things that we needed and getting a few things for the kids for next year. My favorite steal that I got was a pair of jeans for Karis from the Children's Place for $4.45.
We spent a lot of time talking about what God has taught us these last few months. What a joy and blessing to see how much has grown both of us since we first met at Sam Houston State University over 10 years ago! We will both celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary this year.
I was also blessed by my wonderful husband this weekend. He did a fantastic job keeping the kids while I was gone. He was so joyful and loved spending time with them by himself. Thanks Justin for serving me in this way, a few days away always brings a new and refreshed perspective.
Thank you Lord for a serving husband and Michelle. Thank you for renewing my spirit and giving me new patience and joy to raise my children. Thank you for reminding me that our time is short and to preach the gospel to myself and my family everyday.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Had a blast with you Jeanna! Thanks for taking the time out for it! I haven't updated my blog yet...I've been a bit busy! Rob will be home tonight, so maybe I can do that in the next day or two.
Miss you again already!

Judy Marquart said...

Jeanna ... sounds like you and Michelle had a great time ... am glad the 2 of you got to spend some much-needed "girl time" together before she comes back to Texas ... and I'm jealous that the both of you got to spend time in my all-time favorite place to visit, Williamsburg. Thanks also for being such a special friend for Michelle.
Judy (Michelle's aunt)
Houston, Texas