Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Surprise!


I was very surprised on Thursday to receive a double jogging stroller from the UPS man. I asked my husband for one a few months ago, and wow, was I excited. Karis and I put it together that night. On Friday morning, I loaded the kids in the stroller and set off for my first jog. When I started jogging, the front swivel wheel started shaking terribly. I knew something was wrong. To make a long story short, we had to get a few new parts for the stroller. What a wonderful surprise. Karis really likes it because she gets to sit by Noah, and he really enjoys pulling her hair!



What a blessing it is to have a husband that helps me do something that I enjoy, exercise. Thank you Justin for the jogging stroller.

On Sunday morning, Jonathan Brooks, an elder and associate pastor, did a tribute to mothers during our second Scripture reading. He made a comparison between mothers and pastors. He said,"Mothers cannot take the credit when their children get saved or produce fruit in their lives, that only belongs to God, but mothers get blamed for everything bad that happens." I thought that his quote was exactly right. I will never be able to take credit for my child's salvation or sanctification because it is an act of God alone. Thankfully, I do get to teach Karis and Noah the gospel everyday by living, speaking, and learning more of it everyday myself. What a privilege to teach them of their greatest need, Jesus, our Precious Savior. I really had to look into my own heart and see if I was cherishing Him like He really deserves. Oh that I would never take lightly the sacrifice of our Loving Savior. His grace is the only reason I can be the mother I need to be to point my children to Christ. How desperate I am for Him!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I always knew you were one of those cool, trendy, moms with a double jogger deep down inside...just kidding! Cool stroller! I'd have to stop every other minute to ref the hitting going on inside by my boys...much nicer that yours are farther apart and you can really benefit from the jogger.

laura said...

hair pulling already?? sam does the same thing to the girls. karis looks really excited to be in the stroller- perhaps a long piece of cardboard to separate the hair-puller from hair-pullee? enjoy your runs- you'll look really cool.

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

What a great gift! I have a single one for Peter and we go jogging (actually it is walking to be truthful)...How great to be able to get out and enjoy God's creation with your kids!

SK said...

Looks great congratulations.