Thursday, February 01, 2007

Karis' first snow

This morning when we woke up, Karis and I didn't expect to see snow. In fact, I had just finished getting ready for BSF, when Justin called and said it was snowing. I looked outside and saw the first small glimpse of a snowflake. When Karis woke up a few minutes later, we watched the snow together. BSF was canceled, so I decided to take Karis to McDonalds and the grocery store before it got too bad. She kept thinking it was raining, but she said "white,' refering to the color of the 'rain.' After we got home from the store, it had snowed a lot. We called daddy, and he came home to play in the snow with us. I'm not sure how much Karis liked it because her poor little hands were really cold, I didn't have any gloves for her. She did like trying to throw snow balls at Calvin!

Karis wasn't so sure about this snow at first.

"Look Mommy, snow!"

Karis tried to hit her daddy with the snowball.
What a wonderful surprise to wake up this morning and get to see snow for the first time in her life. God is so good to allow us to see His glory in His beautiful creation.


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Don't worry about the gloves...we had them on Andrew, but he kept pulling them off!! You've got a beautiful porch, Jeanna! Have a great day!

The Bente Family said...

How cool is that!! I bet that was a huge change from Texas!!! Karis is growing up so fast. It is so amazing to see them grow!!! Looks like you are adapting to your new home and making friends!! That is awesome and I am so happy for you. We miss you though. Life gets so busy sometimes, it is hard to slow down, I will make sure I check your blog more often!!!! Love ya BEAN!! ;)