Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Just Like Mommy!

I have learned a lot more lately how much Karis is just like me. The other day, after I went to the YMCA to work out, I came home and decided to take Karis to the store with me. She had been home playing with Daddy because it was his day off. I got her dressed, and then I put on my hat to run our errands. The next thing I know, she comes into my room with her hat and says "hat too, mommy." She wanted to wear her hat just like me. It is a humbling and flatering experience when your child wants to be like you. I pray that the things that Karis imitates in me are godly things. I know some of them won't be, and I praise the Lord for His grace to show her through those things in my life. He humbles me everyday as I do my best, in His strength, to train and discipline Karis in His grace. Children truly are a gift from Him, a gift that teaches us as much as we teach them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanna,

That is such a cute story! Karis is so fortunate to have such a godly example in a mom like you! I love ya'll and hope ya'll are staying warm. Can't wait til' April!

Love,
Tanya

The Taras' said...

I cannot decide who she looks more like. In that picture she looks just like Justin, but in others she looks just like you. What a sweet blessing little girls are! How blessed we are as moms. What a huge responsibility to train up our daughters in this world. To tell them, follow after me as I follow after Christ. There is no greater ministry than being a wife and a mom.