Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Karis' First Sleepover

About 1:00 yesterday afternoon, I got a call from Lori Brooks. She said she was having major labor pains and wanted to make sure that I was home. Just a few minutes later she called back and said that her water just broke. Karis and I went over to the Brooks' house to pick up Hannah. The girls played awhile after Hannah got here and then they both took a nap, Karis did not want to sleep because she was so excited about Hannah being here. After they woke up, they watched BOZ so I could make dinner. Justin had to go to Raliegh for his internship at Open Door Baptist Church, so I was alone with the girls for the rest of the night. They played a lot, and I laughed a lot. For two two year olds, they really do play well together. They played in Karis' kitchen, read books, ran around the house, and mostly jumped from one bed to the other. I told my mom yesterday that I don't usually let Karis do that, but I thought this was a special occasion.


Hannah is "reading" Karis her version of the book.

After bath time and milk, the girls shared Karis' stool to brush their teeth.

I was a little worried about Hannah going to sleep since she has never been away from her mother, but she was fine. In fact, Karis was the one who didn't want to go to sleep. All in all, about 9:00 I didn't hear anymore noise from either room.
This morning, they woke up around 7:30. It has been a fun morning for them, and I have cleaned the bathrooms and blogged. It is nice to have someone else entertaining Karis so I can do some work.
I have realized through all this that Karis does share her toys pretty well but at times can be a little whinny. I know she doesn't do that at Hannah's house, but she does it at ours if Hannah takes something she doesn't want her to. I think it also has to do with her not getting enough sleep. I think she will probably take a big nap this afternoon.
Hannah's little sister, Madeline Grace, was born yesterday at 5:30pm. She weighed 9lbs. & 2 ounces and was 20 inches long. Praise the Lord for a new life and for the girls being so good here! Hannah can sleep over anytime!

1 comment:

pastor justin said...

FUN, FUN.