Monday, April 20, 2009

New Bathroom, we did it!

I am very excited to say that the kids bathroom turned out good. I really like it. It is defiantly not professional, but for my first time of painting cabinets, I was very pleased. It was hard work, but the kids like it! Here are a few pictures:

Before:

This is the only before picture I could find, we forgot to take pictures before we started. As you can see, the cabinets were white with blue doors. There is another cabinet above the toilet, also with blue doors. The mirror above the sink was blue with white splatter painted on top. The walls were just white. (Please excuse my naked boy, but at least his bum is cute!)

Angle from the door when you walk in.

The mirror and light fixture covers are now white. Justin also installed a new faucet in both bathrooms, good job babe. There is also a new light fixture above the mirror that Justin installed.

White cabinets much better.

The green on the walls is a little brighter than I intended, but hey, anything is better than white. There are two different shades of green in the shower curtain, and the color I picked for the walls is supposed to be in between the two. Picking out colors is not easy.
For our first major home project, I am delighted on how it turned out. I am sure we will do things differently next time, but we shall see how well the paint holds up.

8 comments:

BoldLion said...

Great job! I am so glad for you all!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Ginnie said...

Love it!

SK said...

Wow hun that looks great. You did an awesome job. I seriously LOVE IT!

laura said...

yay! you did a great job. i need someone to come paint my orange bathroom...

Michelle said...

Way to go! It looks great! Makes the house feel more "yours" doesn't it?! And yeah, what's up with there being like a million whites to choose from...crazy!

Lori said...

Looks fabulous!

The Taras' said...

I think it looks great! I have found that green and red are the hardest colors to pick. You never know what will come out!

Its such a good feeling to get that much done! :)

Courtney said...

Great job, Jeanna! I love the wall colors! :)