Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Bowling Anyone?

After getting the Wii, Karis, Justin, and I have been talking about going bowling for real. I am the current high bowler on the Wii, so Justin wanted to make sure he was still the supreme "real" bowler, which he most definitely is!! Karis was so very excited that she talked about it all day. Nancy was so sweet to come and watch Noah for us, so Karis thought it was even more exciting to go somewhere with both of us by herself. Here is a rundown of our fun time in pictures. Hope you enjoy, we did!

Karis and my feet with our bowling shoes on. I was surprised that they had some small enough for her, she was excited!

Karis is picking up her ball to go bowl, she picked it up two times for two games. She wouldn't let us help her at all.

Carrying her ball to the lane, what big muscles she has!

Stopping and looking down the lane like mommy and daddy do before she rolls the ball. We had gutter rails up so that all her balls would not be gutter balls, it also helped me get a few spares!

Bending down to roll the ball down the lane.

Eagerly watching the ball roll SLOWLY down the lane.

Karis watching Daddy's great form, he had five strikes the first game!

Justin admiring his first strike.

My form isn't too bad, and I did bowl one strike.

And the winner is, JUSTIN, who bowled a 160. I bowled a 123, and Karis bowled a 73 for her first time ever.
What a fun time. We realized how much we missed bowling, but I have to say that I prefer the Wii bowling, since I am the champion at that! Of course, it isn't the real thing, but oh well!

6 comments:

BoldLion said...

I am glad that you all had a great time at bowling too! Wow! Karis did a great job for a beginner too. WAY TO GO! She might beat you all next time!

I am so thankful for Nancy to be able to look after Noah. I too wish that I can when I am not working! He is so special too

Hug to you all, and Hungry to eat His Word too,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

The Wife said...

i AM bowling. :)

aunt courtney said...

tell me brother I can beat him! I taught him everything I know!!

The Bente Family said...

F-U-N!!! Oh, how I cannot wait to go bowling again!! It is too much for me at the moment, but we are a family of bowlers and we love it!! The little bowlinh shoes are the cutest, I always want to take Henry's home with us and he can wear them. HA!! I bet Karis thought it was really cool to have mom and dad to herself.

SK said...

Wow...ya'll are great bowlers. I like blowling but don't think I am very good. Karis looks so cute in her bowling shoes and "serious bowling face". :o)

Anonymous said...

Corey bowled a 163 the other night. Three strikes in a row. We love to bowl too. Tell the kids hi for me. Kim Dennis