Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweet Sounds

I am not feeling totally up to par today, with the weather changing from hot to cold everyday. As I was sitting checking my email, while Karis was playing beside me, I heard the sweetest sound. Karis is singing her own version of two different songs, this is what I heard:
Why should I gain from His reward, I cannot give an answer,
But this I know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom.
What can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

This went on for a about 10 minutes. Oh how precious is the sweet singing of my three year old. I am so thankful that she knows such Christ-centered songs and that those are what come to mind when she is playing. The Lord always seems to know how to make me smile despite myself. We serve a loving and amazing God! Oh, how my children continue to teach me more of Him without even knowing it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How wonderful! There is nothing like the small voice of a child singing songs...especially songs about Christ! Hope you feel better soon!