Friday, April 04, 2008

Pop Pop and Grammy are Here!

I don't know how many times Karis asked me on Tuesday, "Pop Pop and Grammy here?" Every noise we heard, or every time Calvin barked, she asked me the same question. She was so excited about them coming to visit! We had a nice visit and did a lot of things in just two full days. They arrived Tuesday night, and of course, Karis went crazy like she always does, showing them everything and jumping on her trampoline like a mad woman. We spent Wednesday and Thursday hanging out, eating out, and shopping. Here are some pictures to tell of our adventures!

Noah was very excited to meet his Pop Pop and Grammy. They both enjoyed feeding and holding him a lot.

On Wednesday morning before our trip to eat at Dick's Hot Dogs, we took Karis to the new Gillete park. It was a little colder than we thought, so we didn't stay long, but she had a lot fun while we were there. She is going to be an avid rock wall climber!

Sliding down the colorful slide!


Karis decided that she would drive the car and let me sit in the passengers seat.

We climbed up on Noah's arc. She thought it was funny that the boat was named after her brother!

Resting with Pop Pop. After eating lunch, the guys played golf, and we took the kids home for naps. After they woke up, I made dinner and Justin and I went to church. It was strange being at church without the kids, I think I have forgotten how to have a real conversation with someone, where I can actually give them my full attention without wondering where my child is and what she is doing! That was very nice of Pop Pop and Grammy to watch the kids for us.

A sweet picture of the grandparents and grand kids. On Thursday, we went out to lunch, then did a little shopping. We went to Rocky Mount to Red Lobster for Justin's early birthday meal from his dad and step mom. We also were thankful that Pop Pop brought his suburban so we could buy the kids swing set at Wal-Mart and bring it home. My dad is going to have the fun task of putting it together in a week when they come for a visit. Noah surely enjoyed his lobster!
We had a wonderful visit, even though it was quick. I know that Karis always enjoys seeing her grandparents, and Noah really loved being held and talked to so much! Thanks for the visit. We will miss you until we see you again at the end of June!
(Grammy, I am not sure why we didn't get any pictures of you with the kids, that is defiently not a reflection on how much fun they had with you!)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you guys had a good visit! Praise the Lord! And what a fun new park! I love the colorful slide! Can't wait to see you in just another day!