Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"You're doing a good job, Papa John!"

Last week my parents flew in on Saturday for a week long visit. Since Justin was gone to Together for the Gospel, my parents decided it would be a good time to come. It was great having their help with two little ones. My dad took on a BIG project while he was here. He put together a wooden swing set for Karis and Noah, who will be enjoying his baby swing her pretty soon! My dad did a great job being patient with Karis as she tried to help. I will let the pictures tell the story.
I do have one thing to say though. The boards were not labeled in the boxes, so my mom and I spent an hour or so labeling the boards. Maybe next time I have a suggestion, Justin and my dad will listen to me!! My dad spent most of Monday-Wednesday working on the swing set.

Karis is helping Papa John hold the nails and bolts. She now knows what bolts, screws, and washers are. Every time Papa John hammered or used his wrench, Karis had to use hers wooden ones to help. It was very sweet.

This is one of the many awkward positions my dad had to get in to build the swing set. Karis thought it was pretty funny, Papa John on her level. She was very encouraging the whole time he was working on the set, she must have told him, "you're doing a good job, Papa John," about twenty times.

Amma is also getting down and dirty in this picture.

On Wednesday, the finished product, without the tarp on top. Justin and my dad did that later after he got back.

Karis is really enjoying her new swing set and I really enjoy being able to just let her go play outside by herself.

Just a random picture of Noah, he wanted Papa John to know that he did a great job!
We did some of our usual things like go shopping, eat at Dick's hot dogs, and hang out while they were here. My mom got a bad sinus infection and spent most of Thursday in bed. Thankfully, she was feeling better by the time they flew home on Saturday. We already miss you and are so thankful for your visit. Thank you dad for the putting together the swing set. Thank you Mom for just being Mom and being here. We love you both so much and can't wait to see you in June!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad you had a good visit with your folks! And diddo on the great job to your dad...what a grandpa!