Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dentist and Random Things

Karis and I went to the dentist on Monday. I went to get my teeth cleaned, and Karis went for the first time to let the dentist count and clean her teeth. For a few weeks before going to the dentist, we read "The Bernstein Bears Go to the Dentist." She was very excited about it, but I think she was more excited about getting a balloon afterwards. She was very interested in watching the dental hygienist clean my teeth. It was funny to watch her watching and asking what the tools were. She was then a Big girl and sat on me in the big chair so the dentist could look at her teeth. I was very proud of her. Justin got her a balloon for being so good, and she is still playing with it. Who knew balloons would be such a hit!
Noah is going for his 2 month check up on Friday. He will get his first set of shots! We are still figuring out his napping schedule but trusting the Lord through it all. Noah is really doing great at night time.
Just some random thoughts:
I am reading Deuteronomy in my quiet times right now. I am really learning a lot about God's provision for His people to stay pure of heart, mind, soul, and body. God is a very jealous God, and He desires His people to only worship Him, which He should. I have really been trying to purge my own heart and see what things I am allowing to get God's worship. Praise the Lord for His Word that continues to show me my sin and teach me about His forgiveness and love.
God is using my son to teach me to be more dependent on Him.
God is using Karis to show me my sin which is very humbling. Thank goodness that I am able to use my sins to show Karis the gospel by asking her forgiveness when I sin against her. Praise the Lord for Jesus, and His amazing gift of salvation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.