Monday, February 11, 2008

Serving and Ruth

This last week God has been really good to us. Noah is now sleeping through the night. He gets his last bottle at 11:00 and usually wakes up sometime between 7 and 8 in the morning. My wonderful husband usually goes to bed about an hour before I do, so in the mornings he feeds Noah for me, except on Sundays of course. I am so blessed to have such a serving husband. He know that just a few more minutes of sleep help me. Thank you Justin for serving me in this way. I love you.
Justin just completed his sermon series on Ruth yesterday. I didn't get to hear the sermon yesterday because I was serving in the nursery, but the book of Ruth has really been eye opening for me. Despite all the odds, Ruth stayed loyal to Naomi and God. Naomi got to see Romans 8:28 played out in her own life. His sermons are on our church website www.christbc.com, and I highly recommend that you listen to them. They will change your thought process when life gets hard and remind you that God "does work all things together for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose." We just have to remember that His good is not always our good.

2 comments:

pastor justin said...

thanks Babe. I love you.

Courtney said...

Glad you like the middle name--I knew I could count on you for support!! :) I also love the story of Ruth and the lessons in there as well. It's refreshing to hear of a pastor preaching on Ruth, b/c that's normally one they pass up.