Thursday, September 27, 2007

Karis' Big Girl Room!

When my mom and dad came, my mom brought the letters she painted and decorated to match Karis' new bedroom. I was so proud of my mom, neither one of us are very creative or crafty, but she did a great job!
We hung the letters up above Karis' new big girl bed. Mom did an outstanding job not making them too girly!

This is Karis' new bed and quilt that her Aunt Courtney made for her. I really like it because it is pink and not too girly, hence no BIG flowers!

We also got Karis a new chest er drawer. It is nice, and she likes it. We put up a wall of family photos at her level so she can see all our family often. When we get the baby room painted and set up, I will post pictures. We are having a garage sale on Saturday so after that we will be able to paint the room and get things organized.

4 comments:

SK said...

What a cute big girl room!

Courtney said...

Your mom did a great job--those letters are really cute! You crack me up about being so adament on not being girly! You LOVED pink...and that's a pretty girly color! :) I was like that with Andrew at first. I didn't want anything blue b/c that's too much "boy". But, now I've given in and like it! Can't wait to see the pics of the baby's room! Miss you!

Michelle said...

Too cute! Can't wait 'til we get home to TX next summer and can do a "big boy room" for the boys! Of course you know me...I love to decorate! And I can't wait to come visit you and help you decorate the baby's room! Yeah!

laura said...

aunt courtney did an awesome job on the quilt- is she up for hire?? i love the room- i am sure karis does as well. great job decorating. michelle- you need to come to my house in tx when you get back and help me decorate my house- i am not the decorator!