Friday, September 21, 2007

Papa John and Amma's Visit

Tuesday, my parents arrived around lunch time. Karis was so excited that she made a bee line for Papa John to give him a BIG hug and tell him that she loves him. It was so cute to see her be so excited to see them. I was so thrilled to see them both, and I know that they were glad to finally be here and not in the car. I know that God has truly blessed me with parents who love me, or they wouldn't drive so far to see me. After they arrived, we ate lunch and rested a bit. We went out to eat at Texas Steakhouse for my mom's and my birthday that night.

Me, Karis, Papa John, and Amma before going to eat.

Karis, Justin, and I (see Laura I am pregnant, I do have a pouch!)

On Wednesday, we just hung out at home and let Karis play with her grandparents. She wouldn't let Papa John out of her sight! Thursday, we took Karis to Chunk (Chuck) E. Cheese for the first time. She didn't want anything to do with the mechanical mouse, but she did have fun playing games. Justin and I had a lot of fun playing games too!!
Karis is getting ready to throw the ping pong balls in the buckets.

Ready, aim, fire! She loved playing this game because it was right on her level.

I am helping Karis beat Daddy at a game that sprays water.

Karis is driving a car with Papa John.
We had a great time and are still having a great visit with my parents. They will be here until Monday. What a joy it has been!

4 comments:

laura said...

give my love to your mama and daddy! (i sure wish that i got to see them more) you are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, little pregnant belly! i love it! you look wonderful. call me after your parents leave- laura

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you are having a great time with your parents...I'm a little jealous! And I love seeing pictures of you pregnant! :)

Also, tell your dad that I bought a cute little onesie for your new little guy that says, "Grandpa Digs Me" and has a picture of a big digger below the words! I thought it was so cute and figured your dad would like it since I know he is so glad you are having a boy!
Enjoy the rest of your time together and then give me a call so we can talk about me coming to visit!

laura said...

i wish i could come see you too!! i'm so glad that michelle is closer so that ya'll can see each other more. maybe one day i'll get to see you- i just have too many kids to fly. and i'm really attached to one of them right now- haha.

SK said...

Your parents look the same as I remember. I am glad that you got to spend some time with them as I knew you were missing them.