Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Every year Justin and I write a letter to be opened at the end of the year. I am really glad that we started this tradition. Every year I learn something new about how God has shaped us and molded us more into His image. What a joy to be reminded of His everlasting grace and mercy in our lives. This year's letter was the hardest that I have written so far because so many changes happened in our lives.
On Sunday, Justin preached on Psalm 119, (not the whole chapter, just select verses) to give Christ Baptist Church a challenge for 2007 to Treasure His Word.
5 ways to cultivate your treasure of God's Word:
1. Hear God's Word- from expository preaching, listening to the Bible on CD, etc.
2. Read God's Word- a daily time of reading God's Word is necessary
3. Study God's Word- outline a book, find a theme of a book, (have pen in hand)
4. Memorize God's Word- Jesus memorized God's Word, shouldn't we so that we can fight sin, Col. 3:16
5. Obey God's Word- this is probably the hardest of all

This is a challenge for all of us, including myself. As a church this year, we are going to memorize all of Psalm 34 and Romans 8.
This week our verse is Psalm 34:1
"I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise will continually be in my mouth."

No comments: