Sunday, January 28, 2007

Christ Baptist Church Update

I realize that I have not been very good at keeping you updated on our church. God is continually growing us. We will vote on eight new members tonight at our members meeting. That will give us a total of 24 members. This doesn't include children, because they do not become members until they have professed their need for a Savior and trust in Christ. We started Sunday School (Bible Study) last Sunday. I am teaching the two year olds and running the nursery. It is a step of faith for me, but is graciously giving me strength and guidance to communicate His Word to these children (including Karis, who always seems to misbehave when I am there.) When I go and pick her up after church, the nursery workers always tell me how sweet she it. The Lord continues to show me my need for Him and His love in all of this. I am thankful that our church is memorizing Psalm 34 together this year. It has been a help and a comfort.

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear nad be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together!
I sought the Lord, and He answered me and delievered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the Lord hear him and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and delivers them.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him have no lack!
The young lions uffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
Psalm 34:1-11

This is keeping me busy right now. I will continue on as we get to the rest of the verses. I challenge you to memorize this psalm with me if you are not currently memorizing anything. Just ponder this psalm today and see what God desires to teach you. Have a wonderful day with God's heart, His church.

1 comment:

ashley said...

great God-centered scripture!