Friday, January 26, 2007

Surprise from Texas!!

Tuesday afternoon after Karis' nap, Karis and I were heading to the grocery store. I had already gotten Karis buckled in her car seat when I hear this strange noise that sound very much like a diesel truck. Not many people around here drive diesel trucks like in Texas, so the first thing that came to my mind was my dad because he has a diesel truck. As I looked down the road, I saw my mom and dad driving up to my driveway. I almost lost it, poor Karis, she didn't know what to think when her mom started jumping up and down and crying all at the same time. My mom and I have always been very close, and she really did a number on me surprising me like that to be here for Karis' second birthday.

My dad's truck that surprised me.

My mom and I hugging for probably the fifth time that day.


Papa John and Karis had fun playing golf.

We took Karis to Chick-fil-A for her birthday lunch on Wednesday. She sure enjoyed her chicken nuggets and her Papa John and 'Amma being here.

My parents bought Karis another cake so she could blow out candles on her birthday.

We had a wonderful but short visit. They left this morning after breakfast and it seems like they just got here. Mom and Dad thank you so much for driving all this way to be with us on Karis' birthday. Thank you for being the awesome and loving parents that you are to drive over 1200 miles in two days to be with me and Karis. I love you both so very much and truly am blessed to be your daughter. Karis sure had fun playing puzzels, Dora book, hide and seek, and singing for you guys. I know that she already misses you, she keeps asking where "John" is! Sorry about that dad, we will work on that before April.

God is so good. I was really having a hard time being away from my family and He brought them to me. What a blessing from Him! We can't wait until next time we see you again in April. It won't be long Mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanna-

I am so glad your parents got to come see you guys for Karis' birthday. I know it meant so much to you and I wish I could have been there to see your face. Though we are all far apart know that you, Karis, & Justin are loved by many and ya'll are doing what God called you to do! Love Ya!

Tanya

jeanna said...

Thanks Tanya for that sweet note. You guys are loved and prayed for by us often. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.