Wednesday, December 27, 2006

First Christmas Alone

On Christmas Eve, Justin, Karis, and I opened our presents from our family. Karis had a great time opening her new puzzles and dishes. We surprised daddy with a few presents, and he surprised me with some too. We had a great time together just hanging out and spending time together.
Karis is very excited about her new puzzle.

Christmas pajamas, a tradition of ours. "Thanks Papa and Gamma for my pj's."

On Christmas day, I made homemade yeast rolls, a turkey, mashed potatoes, and salad. It was very good. It was much easier to cook a turkey than I thought it would be. Thank goodness my mom is always just a phone call away! I know I called her at least two times, which for me is not very many. We opened our stockings and played most of the day with all of Karis' new toys. She is really enjoying all her toys and learning a little more each day. Today when I put her down for her nap, I heard her trying to sing her ABC's. She is so funny sometimes, especially when she skips letters and numbers when she is reciting them.

I pray all of you had a very merry Christmas. I am overwhelmed at what Mary must have thought as she held her baby for the first time when He was born, knowing she was holding the Son of God! Wow, thank you Jesus for coming to earth as a baby to save us from our sins.


No comments: