Thursday, December 21, 2006

Miracles Still Happen!



Madison, Brooklynn, and Karis are waiting for dinner, thus the not so excited expressions!

On Tuesday, my family received some very exciting news. My niece's, Brooklynn who is now 2 years old, catscan showed that she is cancer free. Brooklynn was diagnosed with a Welms tumor earlier this year. She had to have surgery that removed most of her left kidney and a tumor the size of a softball. After the tumor was removed, she went through 7 months of radiation and chemo. She is doing very good. She is so active and smart that no one would ever know she was ever sick. Her hair is growing back and soon there will be no outside signs of her cancer, except for the scar on her belly.

God has been so good to my brother and his family. It has been a blessing for me to see how God has strenghtened them and grown them. Tanya, my sister-in-law, you have grown so much in your faith this last year, and I am so excited to see what God has in store for you. Thank you for being such a godly example of allowing God to be your all through such a hard time. Shawn, my brother, you have always been special to me. We have always been able to talk to each other about everything. I know this has been the hardest year of your life, but I also know that I have seen so many changes in you. God can change us and it is very evident that He is working on you. I pray that your family continues to seek Christ in all you do. I already miss you guys as we are back home in North Carolina. I love you all and am blessed to have you as family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanna,

Thank you for the nice post. We already miss ya'll also and enjoyed the time we got to spend with you guys. Karis is SO adorable and smart! I can't wait until we get to see ya'll again! Maybe we can make a "Road Trip" to North Carolina in 2007!!! I love you guys and am so Thankful we have ya'll as Godly examples. Love ya!

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Jeanna,

Thank you for the nice post. We already miss ya'll also and enjoyed the time we got to spend with you guys. Karis is SO adorable and smart! I can't wait until we get to see ya'll again! Maybe we can make a "Road Trip" to North Carolina in 2007!!! I lo