Saturday, December 23, 2006

Texas Christmas Part II

Karis is helping Aunt Courtney pass out gifts.

Wow! A pink softball glove. Mommy always wanted one of those. I can't wait to take her out and start throwing a ball. ( I know it is a little too early for that.)


It is always more fun to plan in or on the boxes than with the toys!

Pop Pop and Grammie had some Mardi Gra beads and Karis had a great time putting them on Pop Pop's arm, her neck, and Grammie's foot.

We arrived in Orange on Saturday and spent the afternoon hanging out with Justin's family. His dad, stepmom, and stepsister and family were there. It is always great to spend time with Lisa, his stepsister, and her family. We don't get to see them very much. Sunday, we went to church in Beaumont. It was wonderful to see our friends and visit with them. We had lunch with some friends and then went back to Orange. We did Christmas on Sunday afternoon at Justin's grandparents house. It was a fun time and lots of presents. Karis was the center of attention, and she had a great time opening up her gifts and making sure Pop Pop got to see all her presents first hand. We are so thankful for family.

Monday, I went back to Beaumont to spend lunch and the afternoon with Laura. We had a great visit, and it gets harder every time I have to leave her, especially knowing it will be a long time before I see her again. I also got to spend some time with my favorite college student, Ashley! Tuesday, we got up and packed to head back to my parents house. We got to my parents house just in time to hear the wonderful news about my neice Brooklynn (see below post). Wednesday, my parents drove us back to the airport to fly home. It was harder to leave this time knowing it will be over four months before I see my parents again. I love all of you very much and already miss you.

Justin, Karis, and I will have our first Christmas at home by ourselves. I am going to attempt to cook a turkey(only a breast), homemade rolls, and all the fixings. I am excited about starting new traditions with my family, but I know that I will miss my parents not being here.

No comments: