Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Reflections on turning 30!



Yesterday I turned 30 years old. As I reflected on 30 years of life, God brought a wonderful realization to mind, I have been a Christian for the last 20 years of my life. WOW! By God's grace, I have spent the last 20 years being sanctified by Him into the woman He desires me to be, sometimes with ease but mostly with great difficulty. I have felt His presence and love for 20 years. I am sitting here without words but with an overflowing heart of thankfulness.

I thought it would be fitting to reflect on 30 things that my Savior has taught, shown, plucked out, changed, etc. in my life in these last 20 years.

1-Christ opened my eyes to see my need for a Savior.

2-Christ put godly examples in my life to show me more of Him.

3-Blessed me with two godly parents who have loved me unconditionally.

4-He gave me strength to withstand all the temptations of high school.

5-He showed me that He was all I would ever need.

6-He allowed me to witness and share the gospel with my friends without fear.

7-Gave me a glimpse of what a live who passionately pursues Him looks like.

8-Blessed me by allowing me to marry that man, Justin, in 1999.

9-Daily reminds me of His grace ever pouring out on me as I confess and put to death sins in my life.

10-Joy is found only in Him!

11-Allows me to see, know, and love Him more through His Word.

12-He has given me a passion to know His word and realize that theology is very important.

13-He has shown me that predestination is Biblical and true, I am so grateful that He has predestined me.

14-He will not forsake His own.

15-He is faithful even when I am not.

16-He delights in His children seeking Him.

17-His love is unconditional and always the same.

18-Blessed me with my first child, Karis Ann.

19-Blessed me by allowing me to be a pastor's wife.

20-He cares about all our prayers, even the small things that seem insignificant.

21-His blood has washed away my sins.

22-Jesus paid it all! There is nothing left for me to do but cling to Him and Him alone.

23-Blessed me with my second child, Noah John.

24-Blessed me with many godly friends to embrace this journey with, thank you all for allowing Christ to work through your life.

25-His grace is sufficient.

26-I need His grace daily to love, train, and discipline my children.

27-In the storms of life is where I can feel His presence most.

28-Singing praises to my Savior allows me to get the focus off myself and onto the one who deserves it.

29-He has shown me how selfish and prideful I am, and then He reminds me of His saving and sanctifying grace.

30-Blessed me with 20 years of being His child and knowing and falling more in love with my Savior.

Wow, I still can't believe that I am 30. God is good, and He never changes. I am thankful that He can and has changed me in a million different ways in the last 20 years.

3 comments:

pastor justin said...

I'm looking forward to spending the next 30 years with you (God willing). I look forward to having a front row seat to seeing you grow in beauty and godliness.

I love you more than ever.

SK said...

Happy birthday Jeanna.

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Jeanna! I thought about you on the 16th!