Thursday, September 11, 2008

Coupons and Craziness

I was so excited today to go the Harris Teeter and bring my coupons (triple coupon) time. I had a few things that I was getting for very cheap, and I just needed a few other things for the rest of the week. The sale paper came out yesterday, so I plotted out all the things I needed and how much I was going to save, since they send us $20 off of a $50 coupon for every week this month. After waiting ten minutes for the manager to find an item I needed, for coupon purposes, Karis, Noah, and I proceeded to check out. As I proudly pulled out my coupons, about $35 in all, I realized that I left the $20 coupon at home. A very disappointed and frustrated feeling fell over me. I had already celebrated my saving victory before I checked out only to discover that I only saved $20 instead of $40.
I guess this will teach me to be so prideful about coupons and saving money! Maybe next time I shouldn't be quite so organized!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I know it's a lot of work, but there is some fun and a feeling of satisfaction when you save money! Don't forget the big coupon next time! ha! But, it's also hard to do with little ones.. I know Catherine always wants to grab the coupons.