Monday, September 22, 2008

Beach and Birthday!

My parents were supposed to come and be here for mine and my mom's birthday on the 16 and 17, but because of hurricane Ike, they didn't get to come. We had planned to go to the beach on Sunday after church and stay until Tuesday, which was my birthday. Justin and I decided at the last minute to go ahead and go to the beach. We were excited to see how Noah would like the beach. Karis enjoys anything to do with water, so we knew she would be excited to be there.
We had a very relaxing time. Karis had as much fun as a three year old can in the sand and water. Noah was skeptical at first, but after he ate about three handfuls of sand, he was good to go. We ate at our favorite restaurant for lunch on my birthday before we headed home. It was a very fun trip. Justin and I kept thinking that it didn't' seem right for us to be relaxing at the beach when our families were without power.
Here are some pictures of our fun time. One disclaimer: the pictures are not very good because we left our camera at home and had to use a disposable. I can't remember the last time I have had to look through a little hole to take a picture!

BubbleShare: Share photos -

5 comments:

SK said...

I am glad that ya'll got to go to the beach anyway. Looks like ya'll had a good relaxing time. The boy is growing up so fast and looks so cute with his hat on.

The Bente Family said...

Good for you guys to get out of the house and have a mini family vaca!!! It looks so relaxing, what a great birthday treat!!! We just love taking Henry to the beach!!!

Courtney said...

Looks like so much fun! We are planning a little trip to Williamsburg for my 30th, as soon as Kyle gets out of training again.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to come back and look at the pictures.. I think the site is down right now. But, it sounds like a fun birthday! You are so good to buy a throw away camera and catch the memories! Happy Birthday! We are now officially in our 30's! woohoo!

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

Hey Jeanna! What cute pictures! You look great - mommyhood really agrees with you. :) I had to use a disposable camera recently too - I felt like a cave man! :) I'm glad that you had a great birthday. Tell Justin we said hello- we wish there was a way to see you guys again. Thank goodness for blogs!