Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"School"

Karis was very excited to get back into "school time." I can't tell you how many times she asked me to do school this summer, but we both needed a break. I am not doing anything much different than I did last year. We started with the letter E this week and number 4. Here are a few pictures of her learning how to write her letters.


Tracing "E" in her Pooh book.

Letters A-E written all by herself.
This year I have decided make a few goals for her for school. We will complete the letters and numbers. We will learn our months, she already knows her days, and we will enjoy learning a little about each of the 7 continents. I hope to show her the different way people live and how God desires for all people to be saved as we learn the continents and about missionaries living there. Maybe this will spark a love for an unreached people group even at an early age, and it will also teach her (and remind me) of all the comforts we have here that we should be thankful for.
I hope you enjoyed a glimpse of our school day!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Good work Karis. I like your little slate/chalk board. It reminds me of Little House on the Prairie. You are doing "E"xcellent!

laura said...

Dear Karis- what excellent letters! bethany is really proud of you! (so is "aunt" laura) i can't wait to see more of what you're doing at school. you are being so dillegent in working hard. we are proud of you and love you dearly!

BoldLion said...

Wonderful! I know that you will be a great teacher to her.

Karis is doing a great job on her lettering.

In Christ Alone,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Unknown said...

Karis was so proud of her "E" last night during our craft time...his makes sense now, lol :) Keep up the good work!

Courtney said...

Great job, Marie! I'm impressed that you're being so diligent and creative in teaching Karis!! Are you thinking of homeschooling??

Michelle said...

wow! She is way ahead of the game, no doubt! Looks like lots of fun for both you and her!

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

Keep posting about school! I am trying to get as much info as I can for when it is my turn! She is doing great. :)

Anonymous said...

wow! How impressive! You are doing a great job teaching her.. what a smart little girl!