Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Clorox and Joy: Two Random Thoughts

I know that I am not the most intelligent person in the world, but sometimes I wonder how I could have graduated in the top 10 percent of my high school class and with a pretty high grade point average in college. Monday Justin and I cleaned off the front of the house (the porch rails and siding, using a mixture of clorox and water). I had already done one whole side before I realized that I forgot to take of my wedding band, thankfully this is only the one I wear when I am working out or just around the house, it is not my diamond ring. I looked down and realized that it was totally black, dug, clorox bleaches everything, including silver. I have also for the past two days endured some very soar and sensitive fingers. I guess next time I should wear gloves it I don't want to the clorox to eat away at my finger tips!!!
Sometimes I wonder if I am even capable of being a mom! God always reminds me that no I am not capable of anything apart from Him!!

This morning the Lord has again reminded me of my lack of joy in Him.
Psalm 4:7 says:
You have put more joy in my heart
than they have when their grain and wine abound.


Do I find more joy in Christ than in all the other things of life? Lately my answer to that question would have to be no. God is convicting me of my lack of joy and passion for Him. I am thankful that His mercies and promises are new every morning.

2 comments:

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

Jeanna,
I am always so blessed by your blog and the way your life is so Christ-saturated! You are such an encouragement to me....especially these last two blogs...thank you for being so transparent and letting us other mom's know that we are not alone in our thoughts and feelings of inadequecy! Praise the Lord that He is what completes us and gives us moment by moment grace!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Jeanna~I didn't even know bleach would do that to silver, so I could have been it's next victim. We are NEVER to old to continue to learn! And you are an AMAZING mom!

Love ya!
Tanya