Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summer Texas Trip Part I

Tuesday, July 17, Justin, Karis, and I flew to Texas. It was an uneventful plane ride. My parents met us at the airport, and it was a joyous reunion. I sometimes forget how much I miss seeing my parents, since I talk to them both on the phone almost daily. Big hugs are so much better than talking on the phone. Karis was very excited to see PaPa John and 'Amma. She went right to PaPa John and talked our ears off as we drove back to my parents house. Of course, we had to get some real Mexican food for dinner. It was very good!!!
On Wednesday, we took Karis to a water park. It was very neat and she really enjoyed herself, especially having Daddy there to swim and play with her. After dinner that night, we went to visit my brother and his family. Thursday, my mom and I went to the mall, and Justin and my dad played with Karis. I again got to eat some more Mexican food for lunch!! That night, my brother and his family came over for dinner. Here are a few pictures of Karis and her cousins.

Karis and Brooklynn hugging. They were so cute together this time, they actually played like old friends. Brooklynn is my niece that had cancer. She looks so good now.

Karis and Madison just messing around. Madi is so good with Karis and her sister. She keeps them very entertained.

On Friday, one of my best friends from high school, Mandy, brought her son Henry over. We visited and let the kids play together. It was really good to see her. Our kids are only about three months apart.
Henry, Mandy, Me, and Karis. It was like pulling teeth to get both of them to sit still long enough to take the picture.

We left for Orange to visit Justin's family after lunch. More on that part of our visit later.

3 comments:

laura said...

glad you are safely home, thanks for calling tonight. i can't believe how long brooklyn's hair is- i'm so glad she is doing so well. what beautiful girls your brother has! i enjoyed our visit. it's always too short, but always such a blessing. love you bunches.

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

I wish we could have seen you guys when you came back to the Lone Star State! We sure do miss you guys and your sweet fellowship. You look fab! I love the dark hair! Let us know more about how the pregnancy is going.

The Bente Family said...

Hey girl great pic of us, can you send me the pic in an email!! It was great to see you!!! Glad you made it home okay!!!