Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Like Mommy Does

Lately, Karis has been very interested in helping me cook. I don't usually allow her to help when, but I have started to get brave. It is always messy when we are finished, but she has so much fun. One night after dinner, Karis and I made brownies. She loves to pour the ingredients into the bowl and stir.

As you can see, Karis is concentrating very hard as she stirs. She didn't realize that it was kind of hard to stir brownie mix at first.

As she continues to stir, she asks me if she can lick the "spa-tula."

I told her we could after we finished pouring the batter into the bowl. She is definitely my daughter, licking the spoon is one of my favorite reasons for making any kind of dessert.

And of course, the finished product. Her face has most of the batter on it!

3 comments:

pastor justin said...

She is going to be a good cook; just like her beautiful mom.

BoldLion said...

You are bless to be teaching Karis to cook. What a joy to see the picture of her learning to cook!

She is going to be a great help. I wish that I can have some of the batter. I am still a kid myself when I do make dessert.

give her my hug too!
BoldLion

The Bente Family said...

This is so cute!!!!!! What a fun and special moment. ENjoy it!!!