Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Planning and Mothering

The last few days have been relaxing. I have been able to sleep a little later. I think my body is still on central time instead of eastern time. I know I will get adjusted soon. We are very blessed to be staying with Tim and Carol Dale. They are taking great care of us, and God is continually using them to help with the planning of our first service, hopefully on September 17. Justin is daily working out all the little details, who knew how much planning it would take to have a church service. I am doing my best to be very supportive of Justin by mostly watching Karis all the time so that he can concentrate on his work. Carol is wonderful and has already babysat so we could go look at houses. Please continue to pray that our house will sell in Beaumont soon. We will go look at a few more houses tomorrow.
God is daily sustaining me in His Word by reminding me of His never-ending peace and grace. I do have times of missing my friends and parents, but since Carol is home most of time, I am blessed to be able to hang out with her. She is very godly and daily encourages me with her testimony.
I read Psalm 29 this morning and verse 11 says, "May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace!" What a verse to remind me of how His peace is always on His people no matter their circumstances.

1 comment:

The Taras' said...

Reading that makes me think of our own dear Pastor and his wife. They moved here from California...and they knew no one. Once they got here, they made very good friends with one of our elders and his wife. Then bless their hearts, they ended up going through a nasty church split- because a lot of the people did not like his preaching of the word- but Rod and Suzy stuck by them the whole time and they founded our new church!

But the reason I thought about them is that we just sent off Rod and Suzy to leave our church and go and join their son at his church in Dallas. (also whom we sent from our church) but anyways, I had no idea the friendship that was so deep and strong- until we had their fairwell party.

He has been our pastor's rock and mentor. His wife was there when our pastors wife had a misscarriage. She also was there at three in the morning when Kelli went into labor with her third child. Through thick and thin they all were there for each other.

THe point is that I know how hard it must be to leave all of your friends behind. But the Lord will use new people just the way that he did your old ones. Change is never fun- but change is what grows us into the image of Christ. He will give you people who will be so dear to your heart that you will wonder how you ever made it without them!

It has happend to us too- we didnt know what in the world we were gonna do when you guys left. That was such a long time ago, but we felt like there wasnt going to be anyone to teach us the way that Justin had...but God was faithful and He brought us to Lakeside, and I have no idea what in the world I would have done with out this church! These people teaching me the word and encouraging me! It just always seems better than before when He changes things. I pray that you guys will feel that way too. I am sure that you know all of these things, but sometimes its good to be reminded. I am so excited for you guys. What an awesome opportunity.