Saturday, August 26, 2006

Finally Here and Settled

Here is a small run down of our journey to North Carolina. First, Karis was fantastic. I think she watched Boz one time on Wednesday and about four times on Thursday. I am now detoxing her from Boz in the car.
Wednesday we left much later than anticipated because all our stuff didn't fit in the U-haul Tuesday night. We had to rent a trailer to pull behind the U-haul for the rest of our stuff. We left around 9:30. After lunch and a few more hours of driving, Justin, Karis and me in the Trailblazer and my parents in the U-haul, the brake lights came on in the U-haul. We pulled over and had to call a mechanic to come check out the U-haul. We waited about an hour and a half for him to tell us everything was fine. We finally made it to Montgomery, Alabama about 11:00 on Wednesday night to the Motel 6. We slept, some of us did, I didn't because there was too much snoring in that little hotel room!
We got up and left around 7:00 am on Thursday. Justin, Calvin, and me were in the U-haul, and my parents and Karis in the Trailblazer. We drove for about two hours and then the brake lights came back on in the U-haul. Then, the U-haul started beeping. We pulled over and waited awhile and my parents switched cars with us. Around 4:30, we stopped because the U-haul was beeping again and the keys got locked in the Trailblazer. I was driving and Justin got out to get gas. I left the keys in the ignition and Calvin was in the car, he must have stepped on the door and locked it. We waited there for two hours for the lock smith to come. Needless to say, I was very upset myself and did my best to trust the Lord in all this. My parents and Justin were real troppers. My parents ended up staying in Florence, South Carolina for the night after the two hour set back. Justin, Karis, and I finished the drive and arrived in Wilson, North Carolina around 11:00 pm. My parents got to Wilson on Friday morning about 9:30.
It was a long journey. Praise the Lord we all made it in one piece! I know one thing for sure, Justin and I would still be driving if my dad hadn't come with us. Thank you so much dad for all your help. Thank you that I always know I can count on you. You are the best dad in the world and I love you so much.
We also took my parents to the airport today. It was really hard to see them go, but I don't think the reality of how far away we are from each other has hit yet. I don't think I have ever hugged my mom so hard in my life. I am going to miss her, she is not only my mom but my best friend. Thank goodness for Verizon wireless free mobile to mobile. I love you, Mom!

1 comment:

laura said...

Praise God that you are home. Your new home. Lots of changes in store, but the Lord will see you (and me) through them all. At least it was the dog you locked into the car- and not Karis- however the fire dept. would have come to rescue Karis. You know i speak from experience... But you would have felt worse. You do have a great dad and mom- i'm so thankful that they came as well. i enjoyed them as well tuesday night. love you!