Monday, August 14, 2006

Many Changes Ahead

This picture shows how clueless Karis Ann is about what is about to happen in her life. I love this picture because it shows her sheer innocense of all that is about to take place in our lives. Many emotions are going on inside of me, but the greatest one is excitment. I am so excited to be moving to North Carolina to plant a church with my husband. Justin will finally be able to use the talent God has given him of preaching. Moving hundreds of miles from family and friends is also very scary for me, as I have never lived more than four hours away from my parents and brother. This will be a hard time for me, but I am so blessed to have a godly, loving husband and precious 18 month old. God will sustain me as He always has, and I know that this step of faith will only bring Jusitn and I closer to God and to each other. In all the packing and odds and ends of moving, I keep praying that God will give me strength, peace, and patience. I really need it sometimes with Karis. She is into everything, but so much fun to be around. God has given us a unique opportunity to plant Christ Baptist Church in Wilson, NC. Please pray for us as we embark upon this new journey of following the Lord wherever He leads.

4 comments:

pastor justin said...

It is a great privilage to be the first one to comment on your new blog. I also love this picture of Karis Ann.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Let's fix our eyes on Christ and walk together into the fire.
"Glorify the Lord with me, let us exalt His name together."

Jason, Lisa, Olivia & Annalie said...

Oh Jeanna Jeanna. I will be praying for you guys. What an exciting time, but scary too. Karis is beautiful. I so wish our girls could meet and play together. Maybe someday! I can't wait to hear about your church plant. What an amazing opportunity!!!

The Taras' said...

I am glad that you started a blog! They are a great way to keep friends and family updated! Karis is beautiful! Dont worry, as soon as you get the hang of this stage of her life, she will be on to the next one. Look at it as a part of your sanctification! LOL!Naomi is in the selfish and discontent stage. Lots of good teaching opportunities. Too many to count some days, but thank the Lord that we are moms. Its such a blessing, huh? Well, I am very excited for you guys and I know that the Lord will be faithful to you guys as He always has. Keep in touch! We love you guys!

laura said...

to my dear dear friend- i'm not even going to start saying all that i want to say to you... i KNOW that the Lord is going to bless you, Justin and "no-no" (i mean Karis)You and Justin will be so much closer- and more importantly you and the Lord will be closer. You have taught me so much about life and these last two years practically living at each other's houses have been a blessing. It could be Africa... and it might be one day. Praise God for HIS plans. They are good. I love you dear friend, more than you'll ever know...