Monday, October 04, 2010

Fall Break: Visit from Papa John & Amma!

My parents flew in a week ago Saturday to be here for a week. It was our fall break from school as we enjoyed our visit.

We met them at the airport.

Pure joy and excitement upon the arrival of Amma and Papa John.
Since they arrived on Saturday, we just hung out that night. We went to church on Sunday and then took my parents to experience one of my favorite restaurants, Moe's Southwest Grill. Monday, we went to Rocky Mount to Sam's in the rain, which it rained the whole time they were here except Tuesday. Monday night Papa John and Justin kept the kids so Mom and I could go our for our birthdays together. We went to the Beefmaster, a Wilson steak place. It was so good and wonderful to have some time talking and catching up. I am so thankful to be best friends with my mom, she is such a blessing and encouragement to me.
Tuesday was Karis' first soccer game. She was very excited as was I to see how she would do now playing 5 on 5 instead of 3 on 3. My parents were so glad to be able to see her play.

Papa John and Noah watching Karis play.

Number 3 taking it to the goal, trying to at least. Our team only shot once the whole game, we couldn't get the ball past their two defenders.


Karis and her teammate going for the ball. Karis was much more timid this year than last. Hopefully, she will not be the next time we play.




Noah cheering Karis on and being held by all of us.
Wednesday we traveled to Smithfield to the outlet malls as we do every time my parents come. The big reason my parents came were to keep the kids for Justin and I to travel to Boston for his birthday/our anniversary trip. We left on Thursday and came back Saturday. (More to come on that trip later).
A few family pics on Saturday after we got back before I took my parents to the airport really early on Sunday morning.




Thanks again Papa John and Amma for coming to see us. We love you.

No comments: