Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcoming school and fall...

Homeschooling is not something I ever thought I would do. It was something other people did and that was great for them. (If you know me well enough, you would also know that I wasn't going to be at stay at home mom either!). However, God had different plans, and I am so thankful that He did! We have completed over six weeks of school, and honestly, I have enjoyed every minute of it (even wondering if she would ever be able to put two sounds together to form a word). It is a joy and blessing to watch Karis blossom and catch on to things. Listening to her read sentences, answer questions about what I am reading to her, see her "love" to do math (my mom will be so proud), listen to her quote Scripture, and see her handwriting progress into very legible writing are just some of the few things I have seen.
It is a challenge with Noah though. He enjoys the thought of school, but mostly he just wants to sit in my lap and ask me to "play cars with him." He has in the last few days been doing some school of his own though!

We converted the extra room, which in is exactly what it is (it has an extra fridge, exercise equipment, extra chairs, etc. in it). Justin and I made one corner the "school room." I think it will always be the "hot room, cold room," to my kids though. They call it that because it has a window unit because the room was added onto the house. So in the summer it is hot and in the winter it is cold.
So without further ado:
Welcome to our classroom


Yes, I realize Noah has on the same outfit in all the pictures. It is two separate days, but you can see what he likes to wear!
I love fall and all that goes along with it. I took the idea from a friend and the kids and I did a fun fall day, celebrating the One who "changes times and seasons," (Daniel 2:21).


Noah and Karis enjoyed painting a tree with it's colorful leaves falling.


The kids coloring fall pictures, and Karis doing her handwriting sheet.

HAPPY FALL YA'LL
(Yes, there the Texan in me is still very present in my speech!)




3 comments:

Lori said...

Glad you all are enjoying your school space! We painted fall trees today too! Cute pics Jeanna.

Anonymous said...

but its Y'ALL.

Jennifer said...

Hey Jeanna - I don't know if you remember me, but we were in a BSF discussion group together when Karis was just a baby. I've read your blog from time to time from the link on Laura's blog. I'm so glad to see you decided to homeschool! We're on year 3 this year (we also never thought we'd do it!), and it has been such a blessing for us! You look fantasic, and I can't believe how big Karis is!