Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Birthday and the Drive In

I turned 32 last week. Another wonderful birthday, this one was especially wonderful because on my actual birthday, the family and I went shopping and out to eat (two of my favorite things). Of course when I have money in my pocket, I don't usually find much, which is exactly what happened, but at I now have some money for winter clothes. I was overwhelmed by the many birthday cards and calls from friends and family. I truly felt special on my birthday this year, thanks to all of you!


We always save our birthday cards for about a week and leave them up. My favorite one is the homemade one by Karis, if you look closely, it is our whole family (Calvin included).

I got a new silverware drawn organizer from the kids. Since they usually unload the dishwasher now, they were very excited about this present. Karis couldn't wait to unload the dishwasher!

Friday night we went to the drive in, it was an BIG screen outside for the kids to watch UP. We went with the Powell's, some of our dear friends. It was so fun and the weather was cool.

Tess and me


Owen, Karis, Aiden, and Noah looking at the BIG screen!


Noah sat on my lap most of the time with his Doritos lips! I must have forgotten to wipe them.

The kids enjoying the movie.


2 comments:

Lori said...

I love the glazed over look on the kids' faces in the last pic!

Michelle said...

Saw my card on display! ;) Glad your bday was a good one! Miss you friend! Wish I could be there to take you out to a "girlie" lunch where we could "sit around and eat chicken salad all day"! (do you recognize my chicken salad quote?!) :)