Friday, January 08, 2010

Schedules

I have always known that I thrive on a schedule and so do most people. Children especially do better when they know what is next or what is coming. I have been very lax with my schedule for Karis and Noah these last few months and have not stuck to the same one for more than a few days, so I decided with much prayer to stick to a schedule for the morning and school. I am also working out at the same time everyday, so that is helping us with not rushing out the door. We are sticking to the schedule on Tuesday-Thursday for sure since Justin is off on Mondays, and I want to leave Fridays open for errands, play dates, etc. Justin has also started teaching Bible to the kids on his day off, it is really mostly for Karis but Noah does have to sit and listen as best as a two year old can. Justin is using The Big BOOK of Questions and Answers by Sinclair Ferguson. I am so excited for the kids, and I know that Justin enjoys this time with them.
This week has also been so good for my soul. I have gotten up by 6:30 every morning, except this morning, thanks to college football!!! The Lord has been gracious in showing Himself to me and giving me truths to cling to throughout the day. What a Savior we have! What a joy to wake up early and sit with Him, knowing that the time with Him is the best part of my day. Thank you Lord for blessing my time, and I pray that my soul will continue to thirst for you because only You can satisfy.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The Lord has really put his finger on this area in my life as well...schedule and priority. I was freshly convicted, encouraged, and challenged by the first two chapters in "Shopping For Time".
6am club...here I come!

Crystal @ A Well-Feathered Nest said...

Isn't it funny how much better things go when we stick to a schedule, but it's still often difficult to make ourselves do it. This is and area we are all submitting to the Lord this year.