Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow, another year has passed..

And all I can think is what did I do in 2009 that lasted?

Did I love my husband by honoring, serving, submitting, and loving him the way God has called me to?
Did I strive to train, teach, love, discipline, and encourage my children with a heart of love or in frustration?
Did I allow the gospel to be center in all my daily routines?
Did I offer the same love that God has given me by pouring our His grace on me daily to my family, friends, church family, and strangers around me?

These are all questions I have pondered today as I dried my hair and got dressed. To some of the questions I can honestly answer a BIG yes, and to some of them I can answer an even BIGGER NO! Here I am again using too many I's. I did this or I did that. Even though I play a big part in what I do, I need to be focused on what God has called me to do and do it in His strength and not my own. I did not love my husband or children unselfishly, God did through me. I did not pour out grace to those around me, God did through me.
Thank you Lord for showing yourself to others through me, and thank you for forgiving me when I allowed my sin to cast a shadow on You. May 2010 be a year of shining Your light to all those around me in all I do, mundane and all.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

thanks for those thoughts. you ARE an example of Christ to all around you and it encourages me to do the same, more than you know! I miss you! Happy New Year! Can't wait to see you in 2010!