Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mexico Trip Commentary

To start things off, it was strange for me to be flying on an airplane without my children, but oh what a relief to not have to make sure that they were quiet and content. ( My children usually do exceptionally well on airplanes, so I really have nothing to complain about, but just being with Justin and not having to take care of someone else for once was so nice.) We arrived at the resort on Sunday afternoon after a crazy van ride from the airport! We got settled into our rooms and headed to the Snack bar to have a snack before dinner. Our stay was all inclusive, so we got to eat all the time, as much as we wanted. The never ending chips and guacamole was my favorite, and the food was good. Our first night there, we decided to go to the Theatre to see the gladiator show, after five minutes, we left, not what we expected but a funny memory to say the least!
Monday brought much exercise, working out at the gym, some beach volleyball, and lots of walking, along with lying and reading on the beach.
Tuesday and Wednesday, we played tennis, rode bikes, I beat Justin at table tennis, lots of reading and walking and of course eating! We had a chance to eat at two of the nice restaurants, a French and Asian one, both served four course meals. They were very good, and by dessert I was stuffed!
Thursday before coming home, we kayaked in the waves, it was amazing. I know why people do that for a workout! The water was beautiful, and the time together was priceless. The Lord rejuvenated me in so many ways and grew our marriage so much. What a blessing to be with Justin on this trip and to be with Michelle. Oh how wonderful to just sit and talk with you and reminisce over the last few years. I love you my sweet, dear friend, you are a true blessing from the Lord.
Justin, thank you for this wonderful trip, I love you more everyday. You are a blessing I do not deserve and thank God for everyday. I love you my husband.
Rob, it was fun to be with you too, I don't want to leave you out man!
Mom and Dad, thank you for watching Karis and Noah. Thank you for loving me and them so much to take care of them for us. You guys are the best, and I couldn't ask for greater, more loving parents. God truly blessed me when he gave me to you. I love you.
Lord, I pray the next 10 years of our marriage will grow us in ways that we cannot even understand. I pray you would continue to mold me into the woman you desire me to be. May we face the next 10 years with joy, patience, endurance, and grow more in love with You and each other every passing day. May our children come to see their need for a Savior, and may you be the center of our lives. Rob and Michelle, I pray the same for you and the boys, and may the next trip we take (20th anniversary) be a celebration of 10 more faithful years with our Savior and our spouses.

No comments: