Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Whinning and God's grace

How much whining and fussing can a mom take? How is it that it seems to last all day when my children are whining or crying about everything, but oh the sound of silence, except the dryer and washing machine running! Silence is golden if only for a few moments or an hour. In the midst of my children's whining, I am overcome sometimes by my own complaining nature. I hear Karis voice or scream her desire over and over, especially when I have already told her no. I realized today that I am like this so often: selfish with my time, complaining about my circumstances, ready for the next big thing instead of living in the moment just thankful for each day.
Through these long whining fits, God has really showed me my continual need to cling to Him and His grace to teach Karis how to respond to her circumstances without getting angry or whining. He has reminded me that she is sinful and cares only for herself, which is exactly who I was and would still be apart from my saving knowledge of Christ's sacrifice and my won sinfulness. I am teaching her what her sin is, and God is showing me my own sin.
Thank you Lord for the gospel and allowing me the daily opportunity to preach it to myself and my children. Oh what marvelous grace!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a convicting perspective... one I need to have more often! Thank you for pointing me back to Christ and the gospel! You are a faithful friend even through your blog!