Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Late Birthday Visit with Parents!

I have noticed lately that I do look just like my mom, what a blessing, she looks so good to be 62 years old. I love sharing a very close birthday with my mom, which also makes it difficult not having her around for my birthday. Thankfully, my parent still got to come visit.


We had a wondeful late birthday visit with my parents. Because of hurricane Ike, my parents did not get to be here for my mom's and my birthday in September. Their trip was delayed over a month, but it was well worth it. They were here for a week. Here's a recap of all our fun!

They flew in on a Thursday around lunch time so we ate lunch at the mall in Raleigh and went jeans shopping for me, this is always a task for me. We then came home and enjoyed being together, playing with the kids and off course going to the grocery store.

Friday, Justin and my dad played golf, so Mom, the kids, and me went to the outlet mall. We had a successful trip and ate good food at Zaxby's and ice cream at Dairy Queen, both kids were very good.

Saturday, it rained so we just stayed close to home! Sunday was church and more fun together. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, we spent going to the park, going back to the outlet mall with my dad along this time, eating at Chili's for our late birthday dinner, and being together. I love just spending time with my parents and so do my children! Here are a few pictures of our fun week.

Clarification: There are not very many pictures of Karis, she is in the no pictures stage right now!


BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Your mom DOES look great at 62!! And to be able to wear shorts at 62and still look great is a feat in itself!! :) I'm glad you guys had such a good time. I know you really miss them. You look so happy in your picture!

laura said...

beautiful Amma! i know it's so wonderful to have your parents around when they come- i miss them coming here!! can't wait to see you next month- the time will fly by until them. i love you-

Michelle said...

Wow, your Dad looks SO skinny! I thought it was Justin in the pics of the park, but then I realized it was your Dad...amazing!
And Noah's hair is so blonde! Where is my blondie?! ;)
Miss you like crazy but am thankful for our phone calls and being able to keep up with each other through our blogs!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip.. even though it was delayed! I love your hair in that picture and you are right, your mom looks awesome!