Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bless the Lord



Psalm 103:1-5

Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me, bless his holy name!

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,

who forgives all your iniquities and heals all your diseases,

who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,

who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

God forgives not some, but all my sins. He has redeemed me out of the pit of sin and crowned me with love and mercy, that is only found through Christ. What a lofty goal, not to forget all his benefits, here's just a few: salvation, steadfast love and mercy, being satisfied, a relationship with my Savior, no fear of death, amazing grace, etc.

It also says he heals all your diseases, now we now that this doesn't mean that we, as Christians, will not die from sickness or have a chronic illness all our lives. We must read this verse in light of other Scripture, we are called to suffer, and Deuteronomy 32:34 says, "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand." God is speaking in this verse, so we know that he uses diseases and sickness to sanctify us.

Thank you, Lord, for forgiving all my sins on Calvary. Thank you for reminding me of my need for you and the gospel today and every day. O, to love you more than yesterday is such a sweet thought! Thank you for your grace and for opening my eyes to your truth in your word!

More to come on the rest of the verses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanna,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on these verses. It is a great encouragement!! We have a very good Savior.

Grace to you,
Lisa

pastor justin said...

Babe,
great post. Highly encouraging.

Courtney said...

God must be really speaking through these verses lately. Brittany did a good post on these verses a couple of weeks back, too!