Monday, March 24, 2008

Good Friday, Easter and Friends

We had a very fun and friend filled Easter weekend. On Good Friday, our friends, the Cherry's, came over for dinnner. We enjoyed some BBQ chicken, cole slaw, and baked beans, along with some cross cupcakes. We had a great time of fellowship, and the children had fun playing outside and in Karis' room. Saturday we just hung out together as a family. Sunday after church, you can check out Justin's sermon on our church website http://www.christbc.com/ along with me this week since I served in the nursery during church this week. After church, we headed over to the Brook's house for lunch and fellowship.

Family picture in front of the Brook's house.


Karis pointing to the cross cake that I made and decorated for desert. She was reenacting how she licked the icing the day before after I was finished icing the cake!


Full view of the cake, it was almost gone after lunch.


Our Easter was good spent with friends. We also got to spend some time with Lori's sister, her husband and their new baby boy. It was fun to chat and have a leisurely lunch with our friends. It is always good to celebrate the death of our Savior with like minded friends.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

What a sweet picture of your family; Karis looks precious in her dress. I really like the cake and the idea of having an Easter cake with a message that gives you even more to reflect on and celebrate.

Michelle said...

Glad you guys had a great Easter Day with friends! We did too! The family photo is great...can I have a copy of it for my picture "tree" above the couch?
And awesome job on the cake! I forgot you did that...I may copy you next year!
Can't wait to see you in just over a week!

SK said...

I love the family picture and the cake is pretty. Hope your family had a wonderful Easter.

Lori said...

We enjoyed the company of your family at Easter dinner-- mostly we enjoyed your yummy cake!!! Hey, I thought you were supposed to leave your left over cake at the host's house! Haha!