Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Visit from the Tombrella's

Last week, my dear friend Michelle and her two boys came to visit us. They are currently living in Maryland where Rob is going through the Pastors College for Sovereign Grace. We were so excited that they would be only about five hours away from us if only for 10 months. Michelle and Rob are our closest and dearest friends from college. We have grown together in the last nine years, and we are blessed to have them so close to us, in spirit and distance. Justin was very busy last week so it was nice to have Michelle here to hang out with. They arrived on Tuesday and left on Friday morning. Here are a few pictures of our fun together.

Michelle, Samuel, and Karis enjoyed drawing on the driveway.

Samuel, Karis, and Joel playing on the sidewalk too.

On Wednesday night, we let the kids watch the movie ROBOTS after they took a bath. As you can see, they are all very captivated by it. I thought it was pretty cute, I hadn't seen it before.

Thursday the weather was so nice. We took them to the park. Karis thought swinging on her belly was so fun!

Samuel and Joel look like they are in prison! Sam wouldn't let go of the basketball for anything.
It was a great time for Michelle and I to be able to talk and see how much God has done in each of our lives in the last few years. I am thankful that even though we have lived many miles apart for the last four years that God always allows us the opportunity to see each other at least once a year, sometimes twice. I have seen God mold and shape Michelle into a godly wife, who loves and adores her husband, a mother, who is diligently teaching her children the gospel with by her love and discipline for them, and a friend, who goes above and beyond to walk beside me as we grow in grace together. Thank you for all you are to me and for being the woman God has called you to be. I love you and can't wait for you guys to come back at Thanksgiving. Who better to have here to celebrate Thanksgiving than you guys!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you Jeanna, for your very kind words! They are undeserved, but received with a heart of gratitude to the One who is enabling and empowering me each day...Jesus! You are one of my dearest friends and I feel so blessed to still have you in my life and someone I can always turn to no matter what! We had a great time last week and anticipate coming back (with Rob...yeah!) in November! I can't wait to help you decorate for Christmas too! Love you!

laura said...

i'm so glad that you two had such a great time together. the kids are precious! i didn't know that Karis' hair was that long. looks like the weather was nice too. i was glad to check the blog and find some new pictures. love you!