Monday, October 29, 2007

Karis' Scooter

Two Saturdays ago, Karis and I participated in the Walk for Life for our Crisis Pregnancy Center here in Wilson. We raised money and walked 2 miles, actually Karis only walked a little but she got to help raise money. I asked her why we were walking, and she said, "to raise money to help people like Mommy." I tried to explain to her what a crisis pregnancy center was. I told her that some women don't want their babies, and she responded with, "Why wouldn't she want brother?" It was very sweet and innocent to hear how she understood what I was trying to explain to her.
When you participate in the walk they have drawings for different prizes. Karis won a $25 gift card to Target. Justin and I took her to Target the next Monday and let her pick out a toy. She has never done this before and of course she picked out the first toy she saw, which was a toy for 6 months plus. She then decided she wanted a Dora scooter instead of a bike with training wheels.
Her first ride with Daddy helping. She got a little frustrated at first.

She got much better as the day went on. In fact, now she can ride it by herself and turn as much as she wants. It is fun watching her. What a big girl she is!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

That's cute about Karis wanting the first toy she saw! She is turning into such a little lady! Glad that you are doing good and your pregnancy is coming along safely! I look forward to seeing your new little man!

Brent and Keri Osterberg said...

She is so pretty - I just love her little hair bow! What a great thing (the walk) to put your time and energy toward, I know that others are blessed by your sacrifices! :)

Michelle said...

So cute to see Karis on her scooter! The boys would love something like that too I'm sure, especially Sam...just not a Dora I I hope! :) I'm sure it will be the center of much sin when we come visit for Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I'm glad she had a great time picking out her dora scooter.. glad she was able to experience the gift of giving.. and receiving!