Monday, April 30, 2007

"Fall down riser"

Last Sunday, when my parents were here, we had a very exciting time after the service taking Karis to the immediate care because she "fall down riser." At the school, we always have to move the risers for the service. The children love to play on them after we move them back while we are picking up other things. It hasn't worried us very much because they are usually very careful. Karis must have missed a step because all I remember is Jonathan picking her up off the floor and bringing her to me. She started crying and when I looked at her chin, I new why. She had a pretty deep cut and it was bleeding. Needless to say, we took her to the immediate care to make sure she didn't need stitches. I tried to reassure her while we were waiting that the doctor would fix it, and she was okay until we actually saw the doctor. My parents were wonderful through it all.

Karis showing off her band aide.

I bought butterfly band aides to help it heal better, and Karis kept saying "no touch."




1 comment:

laura said...

ouchie!! i'm so glad your mom and dad where there as well- i know you & justin would have been just fine, but it's a relief to have mom there too! one day i suppose i'll get my turn with one of our kids in immediate care- i'll be calling to have you walk me through it, alright?? love you!