Friday, April 27, 2007

Family Reunion in Texas

On Tuesday, April 10, Karis and I flew to Texas. Justin's dad and step mom, Pop Pop and Grammie, picked us up at the airport. We visited with them, his sister, and his grandparents until Thursday.

Karis got a really fun filled Easter basket from her Aunt Courtney. She really enjoyed playing with the bunny ears. She had a lot of fun playing with Pop Pop and Grammie. She also enjoyed her time at Papou and Mamou's house.

My parents picked us up in Beaumont on Thursday. I did get to see Laura for a few minutes. It was a short visit, but at least I did get to give her a hug.


Madison, Brooklynn, and Karis enjoyed playing with one another at Papa John and 'Amma's house on Thursday afternoon. We got all packed and we ready for our trip to McKinney for the Rehms' family reunion, this is my mom's two sisters and all their children and grandchildren. It was a lot of fun to see everyone, but Karis had a hard time being around all those new people. Mama, as I am now called, had to be very close at hand for the entire trip.

Karis and Brooklynn decided the bookshelves were great places to play. They really got to enjoy each other's company by the time we left.
We stayed at my parents house Monday and Tuesday. Monday night I got to go eat dinner with five of my college friends. It was wonderful to see them all and to share what God has been doing in all our lives.
Wednesday we left really early to head back to North Carolina. It was a very hard two day trip. Karis was wonderful and didn't have any accidents. Thank goodness for DVD players! My parents just left this morning after staying a week with us. More to come on that.


No comments: