Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Laura!!

I know this isn't the best picture of us, but it is the only one I could find. I have heard that if when you die you can count on one hand the number of true friends you had in life that you were blessed. I know for sure that I can say that Laura Warford is one of those friends. In life, God is so gracious to allow us people who truly understand us. Laura is that person for me. Even though I am her elder, one year and a few months older to be exact, I have learned more from Laura I could have imagined. She has taught me(and continues to teach me) how to be a godly mom. I can't imagine what life would have been like when Karis was born without being able to call Laura at any time of the day, sometimes four or five times a day with any random question! She is always so cheery even with no sleep.
When Justin and I moved to Beaumont, God put Laura and I together and from the first day, I knew our friendship would last. She is a kindred spirit, one who shared my love for Christ, one who desires to know God more deeply, one who strives to be a godly wife, one who loves her children and stays home with them, and one who knows how to minster to her friends and love them daily.
Laura, I miss you more than words can say. At times it really feels like I have left a part of me in Beaumont. I thank the Lord that He has given us this friendship that no matter the distance between us, our love for each other will still grow and be solid. Thank you for teaching me so much and for just listening. I love you girl and wish the happiest birthday ever. I am with you in your heart, even though I am not there in person.
I went for a walk this morning, praying for you and thinking how wonderful it would be to show up at your door and surprise you. It used to be such a daily thing I never thought how great it was until I couldn't do it anymore. I will be there soon for Christmas. I love ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanna- I am the one that is blessed! You did get me back, I'm sitting in the middle of my Christams decoration mess crying! God is so good to give us such wonderful friends- kindred spirits are hard to find and such a blessing! Thank you for the birthday post. I used to dread you calling to pull me out of the house to exercise, because i am not dilegent in that area of my life- but what i wouldn't give to have you come kick my hiney by making my short little legs run to keep up with your super-walking pace! Only a few weeks until i see you- i can't wait!!
love you!

ashley said...

i love yall.