Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Blast from the Past, 1980's

Saturday, our family experienced a "blast from the past, the 1980's."  My friend, Amanda, had her 30th birthday party, 1980's style, and all I can say is there was lots of laughter and fun.  After the initial shock of some of our outfits, the fun, food and silliness began.  We were taken back in time to my childhood, I was a toddler and in elementary school during the 80's.  The fashion for a child was so different than an adult, but I broke out the shoulder pads, converse, and side ponytail.  I did try my hand at some crazy eye shadow and ultra pink blush!  The kids thought it was funny that an adult would have a birthday party, but they had a blast, dancing, eating, and playing games with their friends.  

Amanda's parents decorated the fellowship hall so well, bringing back tones of memories for all of us.  


We have the first original Nintendo, I can't believe Amanda's still works.  There was so much memorabilia, movies, records, etc.  

We danced the "electric slide" and listened to all the 80's music. 


This is probably my favorite picture, the fashion of our men all over the place: Magnum PI, my preppy husband, the skater, and of course, the neon pants!



All the ladies!


Karis and her friend Carly.



The kids trying to limbo!  Look at Karis concentrating so hard!

There was plenty of good food, lots of snacks and of course cake.  My little man was all over the cake as usual.  If you find the food, you will find Noah!





Tess, Amanda (the birthday girl), and me 

And last our family portrait, our interpretation of the 80's on a limited budget!!



Thanks Amanda for giving us a reason to go back in time.  It was so fun to be silly and relive the "old days."  
I am glad that side ponytails are not in anymore, I had a splitting headache when the night was over!


No comments: