Monday, July 30, 2012

Beach Vacation 2012






Our annual beach vacation started on a slightly sour note this year.  The week before, Noah had a high fever for five days.  Monday night before we left, Karis started running fever.  After giving her Tylenol every four hours, when we left Tuesday, she still had a fever.  She was a trooper; took her medicine, helped pack, and didn't get frazzled when she wasn't feeling well.  Her fever did hinder our beach time some, but we still had a fantastic time.  

We decided to to "unplugged" for this vacation, no tv, movies, internet, etc.  We did bring Justin's ipod for music in the car, since the cd player is broken and for me to have something to listen to while I ran.  We got to the beach late Tuesday night and all went to bed.  Justin graciously took the kids to the store on Wednesday morning so I could run.  After breakfast, we loaded up all our stuff and went to the beach.



We spent lots of time playing in the waves, sand, and walking along the beach.  I think Noah enjoyed the waves more than anyone else this year.  He couldn't get enough!







The kids always love having Daddy's undivided attention!  My two boys! 

After a few hours, Karis started feeling bad again, so we went in for the day.  While she napped, Noah and I went to the local book/toy store.  Of course we came home with a new book for him and Karis.  We played lots of games, especially enjoying our two new games: Trouble and Wits and Wagers.  For the first time, we went to the pier to look out on the beach.  We saw lots of fisherman but missed seeing anyone catch a fish.

Thursday morning after running and breakfast, we went on an adventure to another town about 30 minutes away, Morehead City.  I wanted to eat at this restaurant there called The Sanitary Restaurant and Fish Market.      The food and atmosphere were good and fun!  We then strolled into a few shops and headed back to venture out on the beach again.  







Karis didn't make it quite as long this time and Justin started not feeling well.  I had to go get some medicine for him, so I got a movie for us to watch as we ate our pizza for dinner.  After the movie and some more game fun, we sent the kids to bed.  This is how we found them about a half hour later....



Karis read Noah all the books he brought!  

Friday Justin took the kids to the beach while I cleaned up.  Noah finally jumped into the deep end and went under in the pool!  A big milestone for him.  





On a side note: thanks to Bill and Anne Highsmith for letting us use your beach house.  We enjoyed every minute of it, and I hope I cleaned all the germs out!  

Every year that we have gone to the beach, I am reminded of how BIG and POWERFUL our God is.  He knows the number of grains of sand, He tells the waves where to stop, He commands all nature, and He holds me in the palm of His hand.  There is no other place I would rather be!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you had to bring some sickness along with you-never a welcome guest to beach vacations! Looks like you had a great time and made the most of everything!

The Bente Family said...

Great pictures Jeanna, I love beach pictures, there is something about them that makes them special and always seem to turn out great!! Love and miss you.